Wednesday, April 26, 2006

 

RCADE Workshop II: DVD Studio Pro

On Wednesday, April 19th, I attended a Fairfield University's RCADE Workshop where I learned how to use Apple's DVD Studio Pro software.

My instructor, Casey Timmeny, took the class through a step by step analysis of the software. DVD Studio Pro allows you to create a personal DVD from home movies and pictures. It allows you to create individual chapters and menus just like a professional movie DVD right from your home computer.

The software allows you to make slideshows for your pictures. It allows you to take home movies and burn them onto DVD. So whether you have old pictures, home movies, wedding, birthday or anniversary media, it can be made into a DVD right in your house.

Mr. Timmeny was very impressive in his knowledge and wherewithall in terms of handling the software. He obviosuly was very computer savy, but exercised termendous patience when dealing with no so savy students, such as myself. He graduated from Fairfield in 1999 and has worked for the MSG Network and Martha Stewart's television. He returned to the Fairfield Media Center in 2001 as a broadcast mediator.

If not for anything, I found this workshop to be very interesting in terms of how easy it was. I feel very confident that I can make my own DVD if I wanted to right in the computer lab. It was very simple once it was explained to me. Overall, it was an informative experience.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?